Why should I see a psychologist after a motor vehicle injury?

When someone is involved in a motor vehicle injury - whether it be as a driver, passenger or pedestrian - they may experience a range of changes to their mental and physical health. For some, these changes resolve relatively quickly while for others the impact of the motor vehicle injury can have long-lasting effects.

If you have been involved in a motor vehicle injury and are struggling with your mental health, you may benefit from seeing a psychologist. Under your CTP (Compulsory Third Party) claim, your insurer may approve you for psychological treatment.

Do you see clients under CTP?


Are you a SIRA approved psychologist?


How many sessions can I use?

The number of sessions you can use under CTP will depend on your individual situation and what your insurer will approve.

What do I need for my initial consultation?

You will need the following details prior to booking your initial consultation:

  1. Your CTP claim number

  2. The name of the insurer where you have made your CTP claim

  3. The date of your motor vehicle injury

  4. A referral from your GP or nominated treating doctor

  5. Written approval from your insurer to attend the initial consultation

Do I need to pay anything?

No. While you have an existing CTP claim and if your insurer has approved you to see a psychologist, then your insurer will be billed directly for the treatment sessions and any associated costs relevant to your claim.